Support Analyst – Information Technology Section
This is a CUPE LOCAL 50 position
Pay grade 16, $47.64/hour
Regular full-time, Monday- Friday, 35 hrs/week
Victoria Police Department
This is a CUPE LOCAL 50 position
DATE OF ISSUE: July 6/2021
CLOSING DATE: July 20/2021
Competition Number: P11-21
Position Title: Support Analyst – Information Technology Section
Number of Positions: One
Duration: Regular full-time
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 35 hrs/week
Pay Group: $47.64/hour (pay grade 16)
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST be received by 4:30 p.m. on the above closing date and must be complete, including all qualifications and experience relevant to this position. Please quote the competition number on your submission.
To apply please forward your submission electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department / Division / Section:
- Police / Information Technology
- This position is ideal for IT professional who thrives on investigating and solving varied in complexity software and hardware related technical challenges and who prides themselves on providing timely and effective solutions.
- Deliver exceptional service to clients from initiation of support incident through to completion and communicating effectively with clients throughout the
- Troubleshoot hardware, software/applications, and network problems to isolate the cause and bring problem to a
- Liaise with clients to determine business requirements, then recommend and deliver solutions that exceed client expectations. Proactively identify areas of concern and provide
- Configure user accounts and perform general system administration to ensure access and security to appropriate network services and
- Assure that Best Practices, Standards IT policies and procedures are properly observed and maintained in a high-security
- Ensure the protection of Police business critical systems and
- Support PRIME (Police Records Information Management Environment) and associated systems, liaising with Provincial and Federal service
- Accurately log and maintain service requests, asset records and documentation in accordance to policies and
- Schedule and monitor work of consultants and
- End user support for a network of 300+ users of varying levels of technical abilities.
- Train end-users on systems and
- Ability to work on multiple jobs concurrently, prioritizing workload as well as discrete project work.
- Perform related duties where
- Work is generated by requests for service, system requirements and annual objectives or is assigned by
- Work is reviewed upon
- Issues such as purchase of hardware and software of major expense and project scope are referred to supervisor with
Working Conditions: Physical Effort:
- Sit with arms unsupported while keyboarding. (often)
- Lift and move medium weight computer equipment. (rare)
- Periods of intense concentration while developing and implementing IT systems and solutions. (Often)
- Meet multiple and conflicting priorities and deadlines. (frequent)
- Focus on a variety of technical source data, system configuration options and VDTs. (often)
- Office and computer room. Computer room is relatively noise and support contacts are difficult to
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Windows Client and Server Operating
- Microsoft Technologies (AD, Exchange, Office365, SharePoint, ).
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors).
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TPC\IP, Routing, VLAN, ).
- Understanding of server hardware and RAID
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting
- Extreme attention to detail and
- Good listening skills, memory and
- Positive and professional
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a
- Prioritization and time management
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to be creative, innovative, and demonstrate a commitment to
- Occasional off-hours work to meet IT system
Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
- Diploma in Computer Science or Microcomputer Technology. (2 years)
- Driver’s License
- Required to obtain security and criminal record
- Required to sign attestation of
- 4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be requested to substitute in a more senior
Job Description: 4171